Dog food





Iams- A few years ago. Didn't know than, but the reasons for my dogs shiny coat and firm poops were because there are chemicals put directly into the food for those exact purposes. Most people will look at a dogs coat, and stools to determine if a food is good. Iams people know this, and there's a chemical in the foods for that exact reason. I've heard people say, "I've been feeding my dog, so and so, then we switched to Iams and they firmed right up!"... There is a reason and it's NOT because Iams is a good food. It's one of the worst out there.

Eukanuba- I saw a commercial, saying that it contained a chemical called DHB, which enhances brain growth. It's true, but I'd rather my dog be all around healthy, than just have a big brain My girl was overweight, even though she was eating less than the required amounts.

Wellness- A higher end brand, when I became more educated about dog food. Although with it's factories changes to go maintstream, to grocery stores and enhance their profit, their formula has suffered.

So I switched to Eagle Pack, I'd prefer to feed Solid Gold or Innova, but neither are available to me. But Eagle Pack is a top of the line food as well.

I really like the fact that their customer service is great. Before switching I spoke to a nutrionist to decide what forumal to feed, and asked what the benefits of feeding canned to kibble were.

So now my guys are on a mixed diet, of canned, for the moisture, and raw protein and the kibble for their teeth.

Dave- Iams and Purina are horrible dog foods. Full of fillers and chemicals and a few months ago a few loads were recalled in my town because a dog died of salmonella poisoning. There are plenty more brands that aren't too expensive and you'll see a great change in your dogs health

Labels: edit post